Sunday, July 29, 2007

Interesting TV

A column for the electronically dependent.

I recently watched a neat show called "Horizons", from Great Britain, where they ultimately discussed the implications of the 11th dimension, as it pertains to grand unifying theories for spacetime. And, as it turns out, the answer leads them to something similar, to this:

If I were to describe how I differentiate between my Head (rational thought) and my Heart (the emotions, and instinctual side) I would have normally tapped my head thrice, and then pounded my chest, perhaps. It occurs to me, now, that I had misplaced my faith, in where my Heart IS. Putting it where it belongs, is what I do, here.

My Head is the left side of my brain. My Heart, is my right. Somewhere in between them, in a confusing clutter (sometimes) of daily events, Big Life Decisions, and just plain moment-to-moment boredom, there is a meeting place where both my bickering voices meet and chat, and therein lies my still, small voice.

It is a painful thing, to go through life with two loud voices in your head. To learn to be rid of the clutter, and meet often, would be a Good Thing... and I can attest to the power of putting your faith THERE. That could easily be mistaken for God, in more ways than you can imagine- for OTHER people have this place, too.

I realized this while musing, or praying, the only way I know how; with a cigarette in one hand, and the moon in my eyes. I'd just started listening to Eminence Front by the Who.

If you can wrap your brains around the SCALE of the cosmic joke of it, it'll give you chills, maybe. :D

Trying to find the link for the specific show. Maybe it's not up on their website yet. If you'd like a peek at the show, drop me an email.

No comments: