Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I Wonder if Leech and Lechery are somehow related...?

I am willing to go on the record and say that I think Chuck Bursell (Watch 100 Huntley Street, if you dare... MWAHAHAHA) is an ass beyond comprehension. I regard him as I would regard a mosquito with pretensions of spiritual powers; that he dare open his mouth and speak in direct contradiction of himself, to browbeat people like you and I into accepting whatever it is he has to say, is intolerable to me. We mildly call this a "guilt trip"; This man extorts you, and when he succeeds he makes you agree with him.

He looks like Walter Matthau- but yesterday he sounded like Hitler. I cannot be certain of the last part of his couple of minutes; after he blasted Dr. Spock, he proceeded to denounce self-expression and self-determination as the ultimate evil values of all time, and then... I just kinda... shrugged. In the face of eternity, what's 60 seconds of this guy's hot air, hey?

"Oh well... its PAID TV programming, who am I to stop it, really... and Gee, I wonder who paid for it?" At the time, Iggy Pop was just saying, "Well, that's like hyp-no-tizin' chickens...", in my ears, at 90 decibels.

Seriously; just becuz this guy's got the balls to be that bold-faced a bluffer, it's a small comfort: his pants are down... and he's the mosquito.

1 comment:

James said...

And I sent the following:

To: huntley@crossroads.ca
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:43:19 -0330
From: "James Parsons"
Subject: ATTENTION: Program Director; Chuck Bursell.

I'd like to inform you that I have made the following post on my blog, in
response to your shows of the previous 2 days, as aired on NTV in
Newfoundland. The post is here:
http://loochyou.blogspot.com/2007/06/define-lechery.html

I am frankly surprised that Mr. Bursell, whose name I'm not really sure of
since it isn't credited well (or properly, in my estimation) is not easier
to contact directly, and that there's no mention made of him or his ministry
on your website, although I'm sure you're very grateful for his efforts. In
any case, I'd love for you to forward my critique of his little monologues
to his attention, and perhaps gain a profit for his noteworthy use of
talents.

James.

--
==
"...Omnia Romae
Cum pretio."
-Juvenal, Satires no.3, l.183
==
James Parsons @ Pixelated Fog Productions
==